Y’know what I hate?
People who are all “the epilogue shouldn’t be hated on/retconned because it wasn’t that bad and everyone who hates it just hates it for shipping reasons”.
Especially “everyone hates it for shipping reasons”.
Here are the reasons I hate the epilogue and want it retconned-
- TAI AS A DIPLOMAT WITHOUT HIS FLOOFY FLOOF HAIR!
- Most of the jobs made no sense. Some only made sense with a little extra thought, but, y’know, Mimi and Sora’s jobs should’ve been swapped, with Sora being a cookbook author or something of the sort since she’s a bit more introverted.
- Matt’s astronaut shtick makes no logical sense. He wouldn’t have had the food/fuel to reach Mars.
- Yolei as a housewife is the final nail in her wasted potential coffin.
- Everybody has children that are literal clones of them, with little thought put into the designs. Tai, Davis, Joe and TK’s kids, I’m looking at you! And one of Ken and Yolei’s kids is just Yolei with black hair. Ugh! To be fair, they were only going to be used for five seconds, but…
- The epilogue was nowhere near as emotional or effective as Adventure’s. Sorry, I don’t like “everything was hap-hap-happy” endings. Granted, happy endings can be done well, but they weren’t here.
To be fair, here’s what the epilogue did right-
- Davis got his noodle cart. He didn’t need to be on the cover of TIME, but hey, it’s there.
- Izzy’s job makes sense and his rapport with his daughter is adorable. He got it the best out of everyone.
Not ONCE did I mention shipping. So the epilogue’s proponents can love it all they want, but they need to get their heads out of their asses and realize people can hate it for reasons other than shipping.
We’re in the second egg, and one bar is down.
if the sdventure sequel doesnt retcon 02 i will release the most mildly unhappy sigh to have ever enter this earths atmosphere
02 rant incoming enter at your own discretion
I TOTALLY agree that a lot of the epilogue didn’t make much sense. I mean, I can see how Tai was a diplomat, Joe was a digimon doctor(although with the amount of discomfort he had with his father wanting him to be a doctor, I was kinda disappointed), and ya know a few other things. But, Sora made no sense, Matt made no sense, Mimi made no sense, and I felt like it was completely disregarding the actual characters. It just didn’t seem real. Plus, I’m kind of worried about the epilogue with this new season, because it really prohibits a lot of character development and a lot of the suspense. I’m really curious to see how they work with this.
Sailor Moon gets a reboot and Digimon is getting another Tai series.
WHERE IS MY CARDCAPTOR REBOOT?!